Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Nadir

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT it was safe to go back in the water … I thought I had edited the worst book of my career when along comes another nightmare of a manuscript to break all previous records and haunt my every waking moment! (I was told that I must be paying for all the horrible sins I committed in my previous lives!) It’s amazing how far down we are willing to go when it comes to standards (or lack thereof)! With this pasar malam (night market) style of Malaysian publishing, I would rather scrub toilets than edit the crap that pass for manuscripts any day. Seriously.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vikram Johri said...

Eric, my sympathies! Maybe u shud move to another place where the quality of manuscripts is better.

BTW, I wud like u to read this:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/vikram-johari/the-guard/10150326308928531

Saturday, October 15, 2011 7:28:00 AM  
Blogger Shu said...

Hi Eric, my name is Michelle Leong and I'm a Malaysian student currently studying in London. I was just wondering how you go about editing someone's work, especially if it's a new writer's. Do you meet up with the writer, or is email correspondence sufficient?

Friday, October 21, 2011 1:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home